Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Outside Distractions

One of the biggest challenges as a full-time artist is setting a schedule for working. Every day there are outside distractions, temptations, obligations & things that would never be an issue, if you were on someone else's clock. At a 9 to 5 job, you just can't get up & go to the bank. You have to wait till lunch time, race around like an idiot & hope to make it back on time. Being able to go when you want, at your own pace is great but it has it's drawbacks. Just like being able to take lunch when you want or take a shower when you want. Or if you want ... hahaha! Maintaining a sense of a working environment is hard. Thank God I'm an insomniac ... I get a lot of work done in the wee hours of the morning. So recently I've been thinking a lot about setting an actual schedule for my work. Some days will be for creating, some days for internet, some days for marketing my work to galleries, etc. I think I'm about ready to take that step. If only these damn oil paintings would just dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment